Translate

Friday, August 8, 2014

GOT Stripe Nail Art

This is another one of those "makes you go hmmm" manicures for me.  Great polish, good color combo, but it just didn't hit the sweet spot.  Let's see if you agree.


Going with the Golden Oldie theme, all of these but the brown have not graced my tips in over a year.



I started with two coats of Mentality Lovely.  I wore this for a day all by itself because it is such a lovely color.  I can't really explain why I love it so much.  It isn't just the "suede" finish, it is the color, just a shade greyer than baby pink.  I couldn't stop looking at it, and for such a "simple" color, that is saying something.


This is where it went sideways on me, even though the lines are vertical (tee hee).  I tried to randomly stripe with different sized lines.  You know me and random, we just don't get along very well.  Plus, the matte formula on all these polishes don't lend themselves well to this kind of application, as you can see.  Or maybe it was just the applicator (as in me :)  Here is what I used:
  • Mentality Grace - Just a titch darker than Lovely
  • Mentality Beautiful - Berry pink
  • Mentality Rebel - Brown


Although I like the matte finish, I decided to add some top coat to smooth out my poor application.  It did help, but I am still not quite happy with it.  I think this combo would make an awesome dotticure though, it I could just get my randomness in line.  Talk about an oxymoron!  Who you calling a moron?  Or is it "Whom are you calling...".  Whatever.


So that's it, another nail fail to add to my list :)  I am actually getting pretty okay with the nail fails, as long as I have some winners along the way, and there are some winners coming!  See you next time!





2 comments:

  1. At least you tried to do something different by making the lines different sizes. I like the colors you used in here too.

    ReplyDelete