Translate

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 2 of 12 Do You See What I See


I published but forgot to link in!  Sorry for the late link.  Hope you enjoy anyways.

Day 2 of the 12 Days of Christmas is Holiday Song Nails.  I chose that song, can't remember what it's called :) but it goes "Said the little lamb to the Shepard boy, Do you see what I see?  A star, a star twinkles in the night".  Yeah, that one.  This was a quick design with no step by steps (sorry) because I am still having tooth problems and was tired and just trying to get them done!

My inspiration came from Amber HEREHer's are so much cuter than mine so check them out!

The whole point of joining this challenge was to, well challenge myself :) and learn in the process.  Day 1 I learned that all those times I watched Bob Ross Joy of Painting on Sunday morning were good for somthing other than just relaxing :0 even though I am not an artist.  Today I learned that I am not that good with stamps that need to be perfectly even and I really should have put those stars on the tips on all of my nails instead of just my ring finger.  This is the first time I have used nail sequins, and although they were very easy to apply, I am not wild about having these particular ones on.  The edges of the stars kept getting caught in my hair, on my clothes and generally scraping every surface possible.  I probably could have avoided this if I added more top coats, but I didn't have the patience or time for that last night.  In spite of all that, I really ended up liking these.  Here's how I did it.

  • Base coat
  • Sally Hanson Extreme Wear White On over entire nail.  I have said before that I don't particularily like this polish as a base, but it is a one coater so was perfect as I was in a hurry.
  • Stamped with Bundle Monster BM-207 and Konad special Black.  I started the stamp halfway across my nails, give or take.
  • Layered the half that did not have the stamp with two coats of Sally Hanson Insta-Dri Cinna-Snap.
  • Drew lines where the polishes met with a black stripping brush.
  • One nail at a time I added top coat and applied the stars (found at Family Dollar) in the still wet top coat with an orange stick.
  • Another layer of top coat, although I should have added at least 2, maybe 3 coats.
Here's the stamping image I used.


And here's a more accurate color on the polish (without flash).


Check out all the other ladies nails!  See you day 3 for candy canes.



19 comments:

  1. I really like this. I have never done the stamp on only part of your nail. Thank you for giving me another technique to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to inspire as much as others have inspired me!

      Delete
  2. I love this! I'm so bad with stamps and I really don't know why! This looks really great :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should see my early stamp attempts! I feel like I still have a long way to go.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! I've never thought to do the piano sideways on like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your design!!! How funny that we both used the same stars and our manis look completely different!?!?!? This challenge has been so much fun I can't wait to see what you do for the next one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute and it has all my fav colors! I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check it out!: http://anonailmous.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination! I will have to stalk to find others to nominate. Watch for my post soon!

      Delete
  6. I nominated you for a Leibster award! Check out the details in my post: http://nottoopolished.blogspot.com/2012/12/leibster-award-nomination.html

    Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, I love the piano stamp! Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your design was sooo pretty...how could I not give you credit for the inspiration?

    ReplyDelete